Instant curve appeal
A clean, organic shape sets up a strong profile and a responsive seat for countless comfortable hours spent studying or snacking. Slim powder-coated steel legs make a simple statement, while a swivel base lets you keep your eyes on all the action. Add a seat pad for instant attraction. Also available as a barstool.
"Sometimes a search for beauty drives design utility. Clean Cut is a perfect example. The market is full of shell chairs, too "contemporary" or retro in appearance, often made of wood composite or plastic. Practical, but not memorable. Turning to bent plywood allowed us to design a constantly curving, organic shape while keeping the profile thin and strong. It also made for a more responsive seat.
From there, it became an exercise in subtle shape manipulation. Laying down curves with thin tape on a seating buck, we tested out silhouettes. We then converted our freehand shapes back into ones and zeros for the CAD file, which was a bit like reinventing fire, but led to something that expresses our refined, more comfortable, take on a much-loved classic—the modern utilitarian bent-ply chair."
- 3D bent ply with wood veneers
- 360-degree steel swivel base
- Glides on feet to protect floor’s surface
- Oblivion: Painted wood seat with black powder-coated steel base
- Oxblood: Painted wood seat with oxblood powder-coated steel base
- Navy Green: Painted wood seat with navy green powder-coated steel base
- Grey Green: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- Putty: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- White Oak: White oak veneer seat with black powder-coated steel base
- Walnut: Walnut veneer seat with black powder-coated steel base
- BIFMA rated
- Some assembly required
- W19 D18 H38 | Seat Height 24 in
Our goal is to bring good design to as many people as possible.
That means creating products that are useful, affordable, and desirable. To make that happen, our design process is founded on collaboration. Not just among ourselves as we play show-and-tell with concepts, but as a total collaboration from pencil and paper, materials and machines, and even packaging and assembly. Shop the entire Blu Dot Catalogue
- Make easy monthly payments with no hidden fees. Apply here and voilá: a real-time decision.