With a twist
Quiet types have a wild side, too. Comfortable curves, a clear form and a little swivel in the middle add good fun to your midday marg. Add a seat pad for instant attraction. Also available as a counter stool.
"Sometimes a search for beauty drives design utility. Clean Cut is a perfect example. The market is full of shell chairs, too "contemporary" or retro in appearance, often made of wood composite or plastic. Practical, but not memorable. Turning to bent plywood allowed us to design a constantly curving, organic shape while keeping the profile thin and strong. It also made for a more responsive seat.
From there, it became an exercise in subtle shape manipulation. Laying down curves with thin tape on a seating buck, we tested out silhouettes. We then converted our freehand shapes back into ones and zeros for the CAD file, which was a bit like reinventing fire, but led to something that expresses our refined, more comfortable, take on a much-loved classic—the modern utilitarian bent-ply chair."
- 3D bent ply with wood veneers
- 360-degree steel swivel base
- Glides on feet to protect floor’s surface
- Oblivion: Painted wood seat with black powder-coated steel base
- Oxblood: Painted wood seat with oxblood powder-coated steel base
- Navy Green: Painted wood seat with navy green powder-coated steel base
- Grey Green: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- Putty: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- White Oak: White oak veneer seat with black powder-coated steel base
- Walnut: Walnut veneer seat with black powder-coated steel base
- BIFMA rated
- Some assembly required
- W19 D18 H44 | Seat Height 31 in
- Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery for in-stock items
Need help? Contact us
Financing available | Apply here