TITLE: Design: Design Sales / Merchandising + Store Standards - Part Time
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
ABOUT US: Area (arealifestyle.ca), is currently searching for sales professionals to join our dynamic and values-driven company.
Inspire a more creative way of living through good design that's good to everyone.
- Different is good. Good design should be reflected in everything we do.
- Keep it simple. Strive for economy in all that you do.
- Everyone is invited to our party. Treat every individual with respect & dignity.
- Our glass is half full. Focus on the positive.
- Be humble. Take nothing for granted.
- Turn it up to 11. Determine what is expected and do a little more.
- Stay curious. Try, learn, improve, repeat.
ABOUT THE ROLE: To create a compelling in store and online shopping and purchasing experience for Area customers through exceptional service, excellence in merchandise presentation, and cultivation of an all-inclusive, high energy store environment. Advance Area's reputation as a design studio in the Saskatoon market.
WHO YOU ARE: Are you a strong and effective communicator with 1-2 years of design sales experience? Do you rearrange furniture for sport? Harbor a unique collection? Can you turn a frown upside down and keep your cool when the universe conspires against you?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Represent and expand the customer's connection to the Area brand through a personable and professional demeanor
- Use product information and design knowledge to demonstrate merchandise features and benefits
- Suggest additional items based on assessment of customer's needs
- Actively prospect new customers and to the trade client base
- Execute and maintain visual merchandising and web store standards. Assist in seasonal floor change including light furniture assembly and some lifting.
- Utilize store supply of sales & marketing materials and distribute effectively to customers
- Maintain accurate customer email database for communicating sales, events and promotions
- Help with marketing functions such as sales, advertising, direct mailing, trade shows, and holiday events
- Availability to regularly work weekends is required
- Execute and maintain visual merchandising standards of showroom. Assist in seasonal floor change including furniture assembly and some lifting.
- Maintaining, cleaning and organization of showroom, studio, and storage, and staff areas including outdoor areas.
- Assisting loading and unloading of delivery trucks, moving, assembly, disassembly of product
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume to email@example.com or,
- Visit us in person at 137 - 2nd Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK
- We'd love to hear your voice, but phone calls are not accepted